"Beyond the Veil"

"Beyond the Veil"
Canadian Paranormal Radio

Saturday, September 26, 2009

An Unexplained Occurance ~ My Personal Account

I just want to take some time here today and tell you about an unexplained occurrence that happened to me just last, and actually came to fruition a few days ago. My family, including my parents hail from Glasgow, Scotland and for centuries the Scottish have been known for their superstitious beliefs and psychical abilities.

No one in my immediate family has "the gift of psychic ability" as far as I am aware but growing up I've always been told stories of or relating to family members and strange happenings, most of them unexplained and quite amazing to hear about.

Roughly a week and a half ago, my mother and I were chatting and walking through the living room (in my mother's house) toward the back door to go and sit outside on the back patio as it was a beautiful day. Against the wall leading to the back door, is a large antique "stereo/credenza" with framed pictures on it as well as a few other nick-knacks. As my mother and I passed by it, we heard a thump/bang and my mother turned around to see what it was that had made the noise and startled us both.

She noticed that one of the pictures on top of the credenza/stereo had fallen over ~ immediately my mother said to me "uh oh, it's our picture and this means that someone in the picture has just died or is going to die". I sort of laughed and chuckled when she said this, as it was just another silly superstition in my mum's family; I thought nothing at all of it.

(Now I should explain who is in the picture: the black and white photograph is of 7 individuals, all of whom are on my mother's side of the family ~ my mother, her grandmother, another woman, her cousin John, and 2 of her sisters....if I am correct.)

Anyway, 2 days ago I received a call from my Aunt who lives just outside of Belfast, Ireland. She had called to tell my mother that her cousin John (who was retired from MI6 and living just outside of London, England and whom I had met a few years ago in Scotland, a very interesting and great man!) had been found dead in his home just the previous morning by one of his daughter's who had come to pick him up and take him for lunch.

He had apparently slipped and fallen down the stairs striking his head off of a "credenza" strange enough, and was killed instantly. Very sad indeed. My heart and condolences go out his daughters, my mother, my Aunt Margaret (John's sister in Glasgow and my mum's first cousin) and everyone else who at this time is grieving. As of today the funeral has not yet happened, this is very recent but what boggles my mind is the fact that when that picture fell over my mum said that someone in the photograph would die, and that is indeed what happened!! Strange? Weird?

There may something to say for superstitions after all ~ I just wanted to share this with you and also pose a question to you:

Are YOU superstitious?

No comments:

Post a Comment