"Beyond the Veil"

"Beyond the Veil"
Canadian Paranormal Radio

Saturday, September 19, 2009

We All Love a Good Fright Once In A While!

What better to keep you awake at night and send chills down your spinal column than a good ghost story, either in the literary form or told directly to you verbally! I myself love a good creepy ghost story and last night I was told of a couple of paranormal incidents (directly from the source I might add) that were, in every sense of the word, "creepy" to say the least.

One can't help but feel the "eeriness" or "creep factor" when sitting and listening to someone relate a personal account of the paranormal or supernatural (and they are indeed personal) especially when the story being related to you is told as a "true account" of what happened. You become somewhat uneasy, the hair on the back of your neck stands up and you just sit there in pure awe and amazement at what you are hearing, thinking to yourself "I'm just glad that this didn't happen to me!".

But what if it did?

Picture this:
You are lying in your bed late at night fast asleep, and "something" causes you to awaken. A certain feeling of "something or someone" in the room stirring you out of a deep sleep. You open your eyes, only to see a ghostly figure/apparition standing there at the foot of your bed staring right back at you!
Even worse, what if the figure took on a ghastly, demonic frightening form, complete with black or red eyes, perhaps even wings and appears to speak to you in some ancient, far of language?!!
First of all, if that happened to me I would probably have to go and change my underwear for sure!!! (And then start praying like I have never prayed before!!)

At first thought this may seem like a joke and come across as something funny, but let me tell you, there are people out there who have experienced an event(s) similar to this!! All joking aside, put yourself into the shoes of someone who has gone through such an experience ~ not that funny anymore is it? To some individuals it is quite real and at the very least terrifying.

While listening to Coast To Coast AM one night last week, a gentleman had called in during the open lines portion of the show, and related just such an experience. I sat there listening to the caller tell of how one night while lying in bed beside his wife, he woke up out of a deep sleep to see a demonic looking being with wings standing in the room at the foot of the bed, uttering something in ancient Arabic or similar language. It then proceeded to lift up off the floor and appear to go through the ceiling of the bedroom where it began banging around on the roof of the house! ("Honey? Wake up....there...there...there's something in the room.....f***k me......what the hell is that thing?!!!!")

Now whether or not this account is truth or complete bull****, I give the gentleman the benefit of the doubt; there was complete sincerity in his voice and he seemed genuinely terrified to say the least. This of course in only just one of many possible frightening scenarios that one might experience, and I do hope that I never experience such a thing in my lifetime or anyone else for that matter.

If you, or anyone you know has had such an experience, whether it be the visitation of a loved one or some other frightening spectral being, please feel free to email me your story at craigpower@rogers.com and I would be more than happy to post your account here on this site (with your kind permission of course).

In the meantime remember, as you tuck yourself under the covers tonight and turn out the light, you just never know what may transpire while you are fast asleep ~ pleasant dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment